Some people want material things. Me, I just want peace, happy times, and people who love me.
1. “Inner peace is beyond victory or defeat.
2. “Seek peace. When you have peace within, real peace with others will be possible.
Thich Nhat Hanh
3. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.
Norman Vincent Peale
4. “If he is to be ultimately at peace with himself, what a man can be, he must be.
5. “If there’s no inner peace, people can’t give it to you. The husband can’t give it to you. Your children can’t give it to you. You have to give it to you.
6. “No one can find inner peace except by working, not in a self- centered way, but for the whole human family.
7. “Without peace of mind, life is just a shadow of its possibilities.
8. “If you want peace, stop fighting. If you want peace of mind, stop fighting with your thoughts.
9. “For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.
10. “Before we can make friends with anyone else, we must first make friends with ourselves.
11. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
13. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.
14. “Real peace is not in power, money, or weapons, but in deep inner peace.
Thich Nhat Hanh
15. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.
16. “First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.
Thomas a Kempis
17. “I am able to close my eyes and generate a feeling of total peace anywhere and anytime.
18. “To attain inner peace you must actually give your life, not just your possessions. When you, at last, give your life? bringing into alignment your beliefs and the way you live then, and only then, can you begin to find inner peace.
19. “He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
20. “Acquire inner peace and a multitude will find their salvation near you.
Catherine de Hueck Doherty
21. “Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.
22. “When the restless activity of your mind slows down when your thoughts stop rushing like waves on a windy day, then you will start getting glimpses of the sweet taste of inner peace.
23. “Cultivate peace of mind which does not separate one’s self from one’s surroundings. When that is done successfully, then everything else follows naturally.
Robert M. Prisig
24. “It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
25. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.
St. Francis de Sales
26. “Let him that would move the world first move.
27. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
28. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.
29. “Let your soul expand, let your heart reach out to others in loving and generous warmth, and great and lasting will be your joy, and all prosperity will come to you.
30. “Mental happiness is more important than physical comfort. Physical comfort comes from the material. But material facilities cannot provide you with peace of mind.