As Susan Merrill, mother, and founder of Family First’s motherhood program iMOM, put it:
“Time is a vapor, it just floats away from us. I need to make moments happen with my girls, but it takes really careful planning because they are busy and living in different cities. I realized that I needed a bucket list to make sure I captured some moments with my kids.
It’s a list with no age limit and no deadline. Personalize it to fit your own interests and your girls’ ages. Just remember: It’s not about how many items you cross off, but rather that you complete them together.”
A-List of Mother-Daughter Bucket List Ideas
We hope this list helps strengthen the relationship you have with your daughter and fills you both with joy.
Is there a better way to show your daughter that you love and appreciate her and want to share all the wisdom you’ve picked up along the way than give her your presence?
We hope this list will strengthen the relationship you have with your daughter and make you happy.
Note: These ideas came from Susan Merrill, Deborah Hutton, and Easy Living Mom. (1,2,3)
1. Create a family recipe (which could turn into a family cookbook)
2. Read a book together
3. See a Broadway play
4. Go on a road trip
11. Plant a garden with your favorite flowers
12. Start a hobby together (e.g., jewelry making or pottery)
13. Have a classic movie marathon
14. Redecorate your daughter’s room
15. Get up early to catch a sunrise
16. Go out and do karaoke
17. Get a free makeover at a department store
18. Visit your town or city’s local museums and/or galleries
19. Have a spa weekend
20. Do something only your daughter has always wanted to do (and vice versa)
21. Cook a surprise dinner for the men in your life
22. Look at baby pictures together
Don’t let your list stop there! What makes this mother-daughter bucket list so awesome is that it’s completely customizable.
This is merely a springboard for all the things you’ve always wanted to do with your daughter – and we hope you take this and run with it.
You won’t regret it for a second!