1. You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.
2. Wasn’t friendship its own miracle, the finding of another person who made the entire lonely world seem somehow less lonely?
3. Real friends were the kind where you pick up where you’d left off, whether it be a week since you’d seen each other or two years.
4. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
5. Cherish when many of your friends are together in the same place.
6. You’re a true empath so when your friends are hurting, you are hurting, and this is why they love you. — Nicole Tarkoff
7. You promise to stay in touch with people, but it doesn’t work out. It never does. And you forget about what the friendship used to be like, why you liked that person. And I hated it.
8. Ten minutes with a genuine friend is better than years spent with anyone less.
9. There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.
10. That’s who you really like. The people you can think out loud in front of.
11. True friendship is when two friends can walk in opposite directions, yet remain side by side.
12. There are a lot of people who will give money or materials, but very few who will give time and affection.
13. The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.
14. Blood might make you related, but loyalty makes you family.
15. Every true love and friendship is a story of unexpected transformation. If we are the same person before and after we loved, that means we haven’t loved enough.
16. In fact, I have no real friend but you, and when I am in low spirits, I always think of you. I only wish you were here, that we might again talk together about moving to the country.
17. Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life. Everyone else is just passing through.