1. Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
2. Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.
3. Everyone hears only what he understands.
4. Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.
5. If we are to live together in peace, we must come to know each other better.
6. A blind man knows he cannot see, and is glad to be led, though it be by a dog; but he that is blind in his understanding, which is the worst blindness of all, believes he sees as the best, and scorns a guide.
7. Understanding can overcome any situation, however mysterious or insurmountable it may appear to be.
8. Whatever you cannot understand, you cannot possess.
9. Understanding is a two-way street.
10. The improvement of understanding is for two ends: first, our own increase of knowledge; secondly, to enable us to deliver that knowledge to others.
11. The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.
12. If one is master of one thing and understands one thing well, one has at the same time, insight into and understanding of many things.
13. To teach is to understand. To learn is wisdom. To learn together is understanding wisdom.
14. Man is always inclined to be intolerant towards the thing, or person, he hasn’t taken the time adequately to understand…
15. Seek first to understand and then to be understood.
16. Man know much more than he understands.
17. Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand.